The Goal of The Lifesong
The goal of the Lifesong is to help you grow in your relationship with Jesus. Everything we do is centered on that vision. The messages we give, the Bible studies we do together, the songs we sing and our ministries are directed to that goal. No matter where you are with Christ, our desire is for you to draw closer to Him.
What We Believe
- We believe in one God. We believe in God who is eternally existent in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit-each of whom possesses equally all the attributes of deity.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal second person of the trinity, who was begotten by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, and is fully God, but became fully man to save a lost world. We believe that he was crucified and three days later rose from the grave. He ascended into heaven, and will one day return again.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the eternal third person of the Trinity, who permanently indwells every believer upon his or her faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the entire Bible is the inspired Word of God and that men were moved by the Holy Spirit to write the very words of Scripture. Therefore, we believe the Bible is without error, and is the final authority of faith and practice.
- We believe that mankind was created in the image of God to have fellowship with Him but became alienated in that relationship through sinful disobedience. As a result, man is incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through his own efforts.
- We believe that the blood of Jesus Christ, shed on the cross, provides the sole basis for the forgiveness of sin. Therefore, salvation occurs when people place their faith in the death and resurrection of Christ as sufficient payment for their sin.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men, to the eternal communion with God for the believer, and the eternal separation from God for the unbeliever.
- We believe that every Christian should live for Christ and not for himself. By obedience to the Word of God and daily yielding to the Holy Spirit, every believer should mature and pursue spiritual transformation to the image of Christ.
- We believe the church is the body of Christ, of which Jesus Christ is the head. The members of the church are those who have trusted by faith the finished work of Christ. The purpose of the church is to glorify God by loving Him and making Him known to a lost world.
The messages we offer are relevant to living today. Understand, we think the Bible is just as relevant today as it was when it was written. Our music is exciting and modern. The music is high energy but it is pure worship. The Scriptures tell us to sing and shout and we offer the opportunity.